To make this cookie recipe, you will need:
- Butter, Softened: 1 c. (2 sticks)
- Confectioner's Sugar: 1 c.
- Egg: 1
- McCormick® Pourable Vanilla Bean Paste: 1 tbsp.
- Flour: 2 c.
- Granulated Sugar: 2 tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat butter and confectioners’ sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and Vanilla Bean Paste; mix well. Gradually beat in flour on low speed, mixing just until blended.
- Transfer dough to pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe dough into 2-inch circles about 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with granulated sugar. Refrigerate dough on baking sheet 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator. Bake cookies for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Don’t have a pastry bag? Use a large resealable plastic bag to pipe dough onto cookie sheets instead.
- Refrigerating dough after piping allows the butter to harden slightly, so that cookies hold their shape during baking.