To make this cookie recipe, you will need:
- Flour: 1 2/3 c.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: 1/3 c.
- Baking Powder : 1 1/2 tsp.
- Salt: 1/4 tsp.
- Butter, Softened: 1/2 c. (1 stick)
- Granulated Sugar: 1 1/4 c.
- Eggs: 2
- McCormick® Red Food Color: 1 1/2 tsp.
- McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp.
- Confectioner's Sugar : 1/2 c.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, food color and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar mixture to completely coat. Place 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or miniature chocolate chips to the dough.