To make this craft, you will need:
- Cereal Bowl
- Felt Sheet (Green or Red) minimum 8" x 8"
- 1 Large Pom-Pom
- 1 Small Pom-Pom
- Hot Glue or Glue
- Decorative Ribbon
- Using a medium-size cereal bowl (or any 6-8 inch round object as your guide) place it along the bottom of your sheet of felt so that the center of the bowl’s circle meets the edge and draw a semi-circle.
- Using your scissors, cut out the semi-circle.
- Cut a 6 inches piece of twine and lay it straight in the center of the half-circle perpendicular to the straight edge. The twine should extend a minimum of 4 inches beyond the straight edge of the half-circle. This will become the ornament hoop for the tree. Avoid letting the other end of the twine touch the curved edge of the felt so it doesn’t show through the bottom rim of the hat. Once the twine is in the right place, apply a thin line of hot glue on the twine and flip it to adhere to the felt.
- On the straight edge of the felt, apply a second line of hot glue along the half where the rolled hat’s seam will be.
- To roll the hat in a cone shape, first, hold your index finger in place where the twine intersects with the straight edge of the half-circle. Use your other hand to roll the corner of the felt closest to you along the edge of the half-circle’s curve till you reach the other side.
- Tie the twine coming from the top of the hat into a large loop
- Once your cone hat is made, apply glue along the inner rim and stick your large pom-pom to the cone.
- Pick a bright-colored small pom-pom and apply to the larger pom-pom with hot glue. Be sure to apply it to the front of the large pom-pom with the cone’s seem in the back.
- Add your own touches – ribbon on the hat, a mustache of yarn, some googly eyes, a bell – whatever you like!
- Allow your gnome to dry and hang on your Christmas tree to enjoy!